There’s a huge amount of discussion around mental health awareness and removing taboos. What’s missing is the practical steps that ensure we’re taking care of our own mental health, and supporting our mates.
Facilitated by myself and developed from programs I run for corporate groups, ‘Beyond the Bullsh*t’ is a casual program for men that will fill these important gaps.
There will be 4 sessions in total, topics covered will include:
- Stress and its various causes
- Understanding the autonomic nervous system
- Tools for managing difficult behaviours in others
- Boosting resilience with simple daily actions
- The neuroscience of mindfulness and self-esteem
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- How to practise emotional granularity
- How to foster metacognition (thinking about thinking)
- The brain on shame, and how to rewire it
- Self-coaching for behaviour change
- Supporting others in a mental health crisis
Tickets are $15 per session with finger food provided. Sessions go for approximately 1.5 hours (give or take). Each session is different, come to one, a few, or all.
- 9 October at 4pm
- 23 October at 4pm
- 6 November at 4pm
- 20 November at 4pm
The sessions will be held at The Agrestic Grocer, 426 Molong Road Orange. Come along and listen, grow your mental health toolkit, and to share your story if you feel inspired to do so.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.